1.8.07

Big Dreams!

I work at NAB and they have just done a survey on young people and their aspirations. I find it quite sad actually.

"NAB released its NAB Big Life Survey today, which aims to gauge the biggest aspirations of Australians. The survey revealed that more than 90 per cent of 16 to 24 year-olds considered buying a home to be their biggest goal in life - ahead of other key aspirations including:

seeing more of the world (88%)
having a family (84%)
volunteering - both at home and abroad (72%)

Home ownership also rated highly among 25 to 34 year-olds with almost 80 per cent considering home ownership a big life goal. The survey showed that young people tend to have about five big life goals compared to people in other age groups who on average had about two.

To read more about the report's findings view NAB's media release. "

I didnt buy a home just because its a goal or an aspiration, and I think that this is a really sad goal to have. There is so much more to life than owning stuff. Its almost enough fuel to make me can the whole house thing...just to be different :)

I can see all the bankers rubbing their hands with glee!

1 comment:

fletchboy said...

Wanna know what is most disturbing to me? Seeing the world is the highest goal! I know these things are pretty much locked down to the answers that are given as options, but what a self-centered approach to life!

"No, sorry, I can't commit to that cause because I am going to see the 3-footed tsetse fly mate in central Africa. Last time, we only got to see 4 sessions!"

I have seen it too many times. I don't like seeing it in raw black and white data... :-(