17.10.07

Happy Birthday Aimee!!

Today it is my sis-in-law’s birthday! Let me tell you, this is one hectic week!

Aimee and I didn’t really get off on the right foot. There was a bit of personality clashing - I didn’t and still don’t have anything against Aimee, I just think that we are two very different people.

I’m not really starting this post off well, let me just say here that I love (you) Aimee and (you are) she is a fantastic chick!

Aimee is determined, a hard worker, selfless, giving, and you can see how much she loves her family. When I first met Aimee and Russell I was so impressed with their relationship. They were so close and did a lot of things together. They weren’t dorky together, they were close, but not embarrassingly so, sorry if this sentence doesn’t make sense.

I got to be a bridesmaid with Aimee back when Russell and I first started dating, and I don’t think our friend Fi, could have picked more opposite bridesmaids! Me with bleached and black hair, Aimee with her gorgeous curls (It’s also pretty crazy that our closest friend is the same person). When Aimee got married last year Russell and I were blessed to see how much Chris and Aimee loved each other, and to witness seeing them seal their love for each other. Aimee looked gorgeous (as usual) and Chris was a stunner also :)

Since being married I think we get each other a bit more. I think we are able to understand where each other are coming from and I completely understand how Aimee feels with another girl coming on the scene and taking away a brother. I’m sorry – I hope I haven’t taken Russell too far away from you! I understand how it feels and I think I am getting to know Aimee a little better each year!

I wish you all the best Aimee, you are a great sis-in-law, your man’s not too bad either :) - and I hope that today is full of fun and this year full of blessings and surprises! I am thankful to God for bringing you and your family into my life, and that I finally have a big sister :) you know, you’re my only one, and that holds a very special place in my heart!

Love to you Aimee!!

P.S. Don’t you love the way her name is spelt?!?

No comments: