15.10.07

Happy Birthday Druth

Today it is my little bro’s birthday! I don’t actually have any recent photos of him, but I will take some of him tonight (hopefully) and will put them up tomorrow!

I just wanted to say how blessed I am that God chose me and my family to be blessed with such an amazing young man.

Dru is sensitive, gentle, loving, and has always been a source of much amusement. I will never forget the day when I had a day off work and I spent it by the pool sunbaking and reading. Dru was outside with me swimming and what not. I was watching him because for about 2hrs non-stop he was swimming laps and then running rings around the pool! At the same time he was commentating himself, “…huff puff…and he’s in the lead…the rest are miles behind him…huff huff”. He was even commentating while he was taking his breath while swimming. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. He just kept going and going and going. Probably explains the six-pack at just 12yrs of age.

I will also never forget the day that he was born. I was in Grade 2 at school and was running around telling everyone that my mum was having a baby! I was so excited. I was excited whenever mum had a baby, but I distinctly remember ‘Dru’s day’. He was and still is such a boofhead. Dru the dero. When he was young, he would wear his Batman/Robin/Phantom/Spiderman costumes everywhere! He practically lived in them! I even made a statue in Art at school based on Dru the superhero! I see so many similarities between you and I it’s scary – but I love that!

These past few months I have seen Dru grow into a young man who is ready and willing to serve God where ever he goes. I couldn’t be more proud of my little brother, and yes Dru, you are finally taller than me – though I think you have been since the start of the year (Dru has forever been measuring himself against all of us for the past few years). I love you so much ‘Druth’ – Happy Birthday!

No comments: