30.10.07

Move from the Bull

Crappy title I know.

Well, here is some big news for you all. I meant to post it yesterday, but I completely forgot. Russell reminded me this morning!

On Sunday we announced to the church that we are going to be leaving at the end of the year. While we were on holidays we just took a break to think about what we need to do in terms of church. Whether we stay where we currently are (exciting things are just starting to happen) or if we leave at the end of the year and choose a place to worship together.

Two weeks earlier we told the elders, then last Wed. Russell told the youth. This would have been one of the hardest things for Russell. He loves those kids to bits and to see the disappointment in their faces was tough. Then on Sunday we made it official.

I didn't receive the best response from people which made me want to leave even sooner, but it is not because of the people that we are leaving. We had to leave at some point, and we have decided that that point is this year.

We have no idea where God is calling us. We have not visited any churches yet, and we have a couple of things in mind. The scariest one is starting our own church...

All we know is that we have felt enormous peace since making the decision and that God is going to be with us no matter what.

I am excited for Bull Creek and I hope that they continue down the path God is taking them. I hope that they find the pastor God has planned for them, and that they will be able to get an amazing Youth Pastor. Their last 3 have been students still - not fully qualified Pastors - Russ and I think they need to get someone a little more experienced. Anyway...that's our news.

Anyone need a youth pastor??

1 comment:

Mark Edwards said...

http://bp1.blogger.com/_7HzWva6T2y0/RlJVqPuJ73I/AAAAAAAAAUc/_tCxHPU4X1o/s1600-h/young+pastor.jpg