16.10.07

Parties and Bathroom Scales

Now, I know I said I would post pictures today of my little bro and the party we had for him, but I forgot to put them on disk to load onto the computer at work. So, you will have to wait another day.

There isn't much to tell about the whole party, other than it was fun, full of laughter (as usual) and had way too many prunes made available :)

Dru (hopefully) liked his pressie, and I loved getting to spend some time with him. I have been missing spending time with the family since we moved south. Even though we are only 20mins away from them, it seems neither side can be bothered with the drive to each others place. We will only pop in to see the fam if we are in the area, and I don't like having to ask them to come all the way down (note the sarcasm) to see us.

Also, I have been meaning to post this for a while, but I need you all to start keeping me accountable. This year my weight fell well below 50kg and I decided that it's not very healthy. Since a month or so before we went on holidays, I decided that I needed to get healthy, put on some weight and hopefully be the ideal weight for my height. Plus, we wanna start having babies, so I need to be able to carry one healthily (if thats a word, and yes I know I just made a big announcement on the net).

So, my current weight is 51kg, I am 170cms tall and need to have a weight between 53 and 72kgs. I am currently aiming for 59/60kg. It is so scary to even think that I could weigh 6okg, it seems like such a big amount (to me for my body) and it is kinda scary to try and change the eating patterns I have developed over the past 12 months. It's also really scary to be admitting to you all that I have been irresponsible of my health and it is also really scary to admit to people what my current weight is. It's a little embarrassing, but I need all the accountability I can get!

So, step on up to Bek's homemade 'stainless steel' scales and lets get that arrow rising!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

One of my workmates is trying to put on weight too. She has two young kids and lost a lot of weight breastfeeding. Now she eats a lot of chocolate and you can too :)

I wish I could! Not fair :(

Dodgy Pete said...

Good work putting that up bek, I'm sure it took courage and I for one will definately help you be accountable ;)

We can try to put on weight together, except I'm not going to have babies ;)